Welcome to Barefoot Sailing Adventures!
Barefoot’s vessel ‘Kopiko’ is Maritime New Zealand surveyed: Barefoot Sailing Adventures is externally audited to ensure systems and operating procedures are of highest standards. There is a documented maintenance program, vessel and all gear is maintained regularly. Crew undertake regular safety drills and training.
Tour Details & Terms and Conditions
By boarding with Barefoot Sailing Adventures, you have agreed to the terms and conditions outlined here. If you have booked for a group, it is your responsibility to ensure that other people in the group are aware of the terms and conditions before they board.
IF YOU HAVE A SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITION THAT MAY REQUIRE ASSISTANCE PLEASE NOTE THIS IN THE SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS BOX WHEN REGISTERING YOUR BOOKING, AND DISCUSS THIS WITH THE SKIPPER/CREW WHEN BOARDING THE VESSEL.
- Passengers must be present at the Paihia Beach 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure. Paihia Beach is on Marsden Rd, South of the Paihia Wharf. The boat pulls right up on the beach so its easy to find us. You may get up to knee deep in the water, so roll up your trousers and step aboard!
- The Barefoot crew would like to show you A DAY IN THE BAY – THE KIWI WAY! So in true kiwi spirit the Barefoot crew undertake the Sailing Adventures… barefoot, and would like to ask you to kick of your shoes as you board the boat. If you’re not barefoot, you’re overdressed!
- Listen carefully to the pre-departure safety briefing: Your Captain will give you a safety briefing on board Kopiko. Pay close attention. These rules are in place for your comfort and ultimate safety, so please abide by them.
- Barefoot Sailing Adventures will not be responsible for any personal injuries, equipment loss or damage sustained while traveling with Barefoot Sailing Adventures.
- Photos & Videos: Barefoot Sailing Adventures often takes photographs and videos for use in Social Media and Advertising. Acceptance of these terms and conditions and allowing your photo/video to be taken during the cruise will mean that you agree to the use of those images of yourself being used by Barefoot Sailing Adventures for the above purposes. Should you not wish to be included please feel free to let us know on board. Otherwise give us your cheesiest grin!
- Barefoot Sailing Adventures is not licensed for sale & supply of alcohol however you may BYO (bring your own) limited to 1 bottle of wine or a 6 pack of beer per person (strictly limited to 18 years of age and over). Barefoot Sailing Adventures promotes responsible drinking and will not tolerate excess consumption of alcohol or intoxication. If your behavior whilst drinking alcohol is disturbing other passengers or poses any risk to safety we reserve the right to request you to stop drinking.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel the cruise if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person.
- Children are the Parent/Guardian’s responsibility: Children must be under continuous adult supervision for the duration of the charter. Maximum of two children (under 12 years) per adult sailing on the boat. Under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on charter.
- Stow your gear: We advise you to stow bags and personal belongings below decks, this keeps decks clear of trip hazards and tangles. Please note, Barefoot Sailing Adventures or Barefoot Captain/Crew cannot be held liable for loss or damage to your belongings
- No Smoking: For health and safety, smoking is not permitted on any cruises.
- Sailing can be adventurous when the wind is up: Your Captain/Crew know the conditions and know how the boat will respond. If asked to do something, please do as requested. At any time if you are not comfortable or feel unsafe please advise your Captain. The cruise can be adjusted so that all passengers have a good time.
- Toilets: A marine toilet (called “head” on boats) is located below deck. Please Do Not flush sanitary items, wet wipes or rubbish as will block the system. Use bins provided. If you’re in doubt, ask before use.
- Dress for the conditions: Layered clothing works best. There is potential for getting wet, so bring a jacket. Hat and sunglasses sunblock recommended. (please NO SPRAY sunblock as it eats paint)
- To participate in swimming you must be able to swim competently in open water: Keep in mind that swimming activities are not supervised or guided by Captain/crew therefore it is your own responsibility to ensure personal safety . Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Island walks are a great way to really appreciate the beauty of the Bay of Islands. Please stick to the tracks be sure to keep an eye on the time. Your Skipper will advise you of time to return, do not be late back or we will send a search party – at your cost! Again, this is not a guided activity, it is your own responsibility to ensure personal safety.
- Snorkelling is available to those who are competent swimmers, who can swim over 200m in open water. You will be asked to sign a risk disclosure statement and agree to the terms stated. Snorkeling is a supervised activity (not guided) and it will take place as a group.
THE CAPTAINS WORD IS LAW
Nature and Being Realistic. If weather conditions or other safety or time constraints prevent sailing to a given area in the Bay of Islands, please be understanding. The Skipper wants to provide you the best experience possible and, within reason, cater to your wishes – but they are also ultimately responsible for your safety and the safety of the yacht. And for the experienced sailors who join the Barefoot Crew, sometimes we don’t sail the boat to it’s full potential as there are certain conditions that are not comfortable for all passengers, especially those new to boats and sailing so we like to make it comfortable for everyone 🙂
On the ocean, Mother Nature ensures that every trip is different. Each season of the year brings different conditions. Sometimes the sailing is easy, other times it can be challenging, sometimes it rains, sometimes there’s not enough wind for us to use the sails and we use our engine. But whichever way it happens it always works out great. After all, any day Barefoot is a great day!
As is normally the case with group tours, a minimum number of bookings are required in order for a tour to be financially viable and to have a pleasant group atmosphere. In the event that adequate numbers cannot be achieved, it may be necessary to cancel a scheduled departure and to offer the nearest possible alternative date (or a full refund of monies paid).
All departures are subject to demand, sea and weather conditions.
To secure your spot, we recommend you book online through our website.
All online bookings will receive a confirmation email.
Bookings are also accepted over the telephone.
All prices are in New Zealand Dollars and inclusive of GST (Goods and Services Tax).
Prices are subject to change without notice.
The name “Barefoot Sailing Adventures” will appear on the cardholders statement for any transactions.
For online bookings, credit card details must be be provided, the card is charged the full rate via E-way secure payment gateway.
For scheduled cruises Island Hopper or Sundowner Cruise: Cancellations by the client will incur a 20% fee of the full ticket price. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will incur the full charge. Online bookings will be charged to credit card provided.
To cancel a cruise, clients are to contact Barefoot Sailing Adventures by phone and follow-up with an email.
Please note, if you do not show for your booking the full charge will apply.
We reserve the right to cancel or amend any cruise due to sea or weather conditions, or other circumstances beyond our control. A full refund will be given if an alternative date cannot be arranged. Refunds will be arranged within a reasonable time frame, taking into consideration bank business days/hours.
We look forward to sharing an amazing cruise with you.
The Barefoot Sailing Adventures Crew